eobdtool

eobdtool
Welcome to eobdtool

2015-07-21

Initiate Coding Problem with ESYS Software PsdZdata 46.3 (fixed)

Recently, I asked for help initiate coding with ICOM A2 in an auto forum, and bros are so kind to help settle it. I want to share it with you here, also.

My car is a 2011 535i and I have the ENET cable and ESYS SOFTWARE PsdZdata 46.3 installed on a laptop with 64bit Win7. Plugged the cable to laptop, turned ignition on and the laptop was able to confirm communication with car. But when I open E-Sys and click connect tab, window opens but the "target" window is blank. So I do not know what I should do next?  

This is the solution provided by a nice bro from the forum.

Quote:


More than likely the "dist" are folders missing from your installation. The folders should be empty, but they need to be there.

So, make sure that there is a "Dist" folder in each of the Chassis (F01/F10/F25) folders etc.:
e.g. "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\mainseries\F010\F010_12_03_51 1\odx\dist":


Also, make sure E-Sys Data Path is set properly.

Go into E-Sys = > OPTIONS => SETTINGS => PROGRAM TAB => DIRECTORIES and set the PSDZdata path to to C:\ESysData:

With the help of him, I finally got ESys and all required PSDZ data installed in the correct folders . Initiated software and was able to recognize car without any error messages. I have tried coding yesterday. Nice!!!


I post my results. Special thanks to shawnsheridan for the expertise and guidance!